Why I Love Being an Entrepreneur!
I never imagined being a business owner. I wasn’t business savvy, and anything business-related was a turn-off for me. Working for someone else’s company didn’t feel like a “fail” for me, and it still doesn’t, as long as I love what I do and it aligns with my goals. However, things changed in 2020 when my husband and I were laid off a few weeks apart. I made a promise to myself that this would be the last time my family would ever worry about money for generations to come.
So, I started my own business. I went all out with it too. I hired a business coach, attended business conferences, and traveled for business-related events. I built business credit and used it to leverage more money.
I’m not going to lie; It has been a lot of trial and error, mindset shifts, imposter syndrome, and wondering if I’ve made the right decision. I’ve also contemplated giving up more times than I care to admit.
5 Reasons why I love being an entrepreneur
- I get to spend more time with my family. I get to attend teacher meetings, school field trips, and activities.
- I created muliple streams of income for my household. The average millionaire has at least 7 streams of income.
- I get major tax benefits. I can write off my home office, supplies, meals, business travel & more.
- I am able to create the life I want to live. I do not want to work Monday through Friday and only have the weekends off. I want to be able to take a vacation anytime I want.
- It’s mine! It feels good to create something that is solely yours.
I am still learning when it comes to business. Some days I feel like I can keep my head above water; other days, I feel like I’m taking a huge gulp. Nevertheless, I’ve grown so much as a person, and I’ve set my family on a different path. See, I’m breaking generational curses of poverty here. My children will not have to worry about money in their lifetime because I’m setting them up for generational wealth.
Thinking about starting a business? Grab the free profitable business checklist here. It is a step-by-step checklist of what you need to have a legal, profitable business.
See you at the top!